Today Google started rolling out its Google play music app for Android with some new updates including new navigation drawer, back button etc. The new app has got bio and history tab on the artist page.
The playlist has also got new slide-up animation while selecting the scrolling the playlist which looks pretty good. It also has got an album art at top of the artist page. If the album art for any song will not be available then it will show a grey icon as an album art.
The new app has got some minor design update which include a full-height navigation drawer, the return of the back/ previous button on lock screen navigations, the Library scroll tabs is now colored with orange which matched with the header. It has got an improved song UI in My Library, and while scrolling it the tabs and headers gets hide entirely.
Here is full list of all of the new tweaks that has been added in the new update.
- Navigation drawer now full-height
- Bio and history on artist page
- Back/previous button now on notification (lock screen and notifications), previously only in expanded view
- Library tabs are orange to match the header
- Library scroll bar now starts above the tabs
- Songs UI in My Library now a much more attractive card
- The entire header and tabs hide now when scrolling
- New slide-up animation when selecting playlists
- In the artists tab if there isn’t an artist hero image, it will now use album covers instead of a grey icon
The new Google play music app will be rolling out in next few days, users who want to download this can easily do it by downloading the APK file from Google Play Store.