OPPO Electronics Corp, a Chinese electronics manufacturer based in Dongguan, Guangdong province, China mainly producing smartphones, Blu-ray players and other electronic devices has announced the new handset series during the CES 2016 trade show. The company has sent out invites for the launch event and will debut its newly announced camera-focused ‘F’ smartphone series with the launch of its Oppo F1 in India on January 28.
Photography and Camera as the central focus
As per Sky Li, Oppo Vice President and Managing Director of International Mobile Business, the new series is said to “inherit the excellent camera performance and exquisite design tradition.” He adds that the F-Series smartphone will include some “impressive specs” at “amazing prices.” At the time of its CES announcement, Oppo said the new F-Series smartphones will keep photography as its central focus
Better Known for smartphones with rotating cameras and photo-stitching technology. Oppo was among the first to introduce its N1 handset with rotating camera in 2013. The design of the Oppo F1 looks similar to Oppo A53 as per new reports contrary to earlier speculations that Oppo F1 would be the global version of the Oppo A53. As per the report the New F1 series handset will feature :
- a 13-megapixel rear camera with Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), which we have already seen in the Oppo R7 models
- It will also sport an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- The camera will be backed by the company’s native PureImage 2.0+ platform, which will feature wide set of modes along with filters
- 3GB RAM is also said to come housed inside the camera-focused smartphone
- Other details on the handset’s processor, display, and battery are yet to be revealed. A 5-inch display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC is rumoured for the F1.