The codenames SM-G930R4-5.1 and SM-G935R4.S-5.5 appearing on listing showing at leading import and export tracking site Zauba are believed to be for the eagerly awaited Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones respectively. The listings were for test units shipped to India from South Korea on Wednesday. Interestingly, there is no mention of the rumoured Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge+ variant, which is also said to launch alongside the other two models simultaneously.
The Galaxy S7 series smartphones are expected to be launched by Samsung before the upcoming MWC 2016 trade show, with an Unpacked 2016 reportedly scheduled for February 20. It is however yet to send out press invites for the keynote event. It is worth noting that both LG and Sony have sent their press invites for the trade show.
Specifications for the Galaxy S7
The Galaxy S7 was rumored to have appeared on two benchmarking websites earlier this week, revealing specifications for the Galaxy S7 as mentioned below:
- the smartphone features a 5.1-inch QHD resolution display
- The smartphone will be running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box
- is powered by the Samsung Exynos 8890 chipset, clubbed with 4GB RAM
- Also seen is 64GB inbuilt storage,
- 12-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.